Friday, April 29, 2011

April 28, 2011



My baby lost his first tooth today.
I guess that means he is officially one of the big kids now.
He came to me with a big, bloody grin and
said,
"Mommy, Rowan punched me and my tooth fell out!"
The thoughts I have about how that was the first tooth he grew at
five months old, and how large and old he has grown
in such a short period of time, I will not even delve into them.
If I did, I would spend the remainder of my day, or even my life,
sobbing my heart out.
Instead I will smile and hug him and choose to enjoy this new phase of life.
I will force myself to enjoy the moment and look forward to the future.
Because I know all too well,
that this, too, shall pass.

1 comment:

  1. That would be how a boy would loose his first tooth! lol.

    If only I could convince McKenna that's how its done!

    ReplyDelete